The UK Investor visa (Tier 1) category is for high net worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK. You must have access to £2,000,000 (£2 million) or more in investment funds to apply for Tier 1 Investor visa. If the money is not held in pounds sterling you must convert its value into pounds sterling on the application form. The Home Office, UKVI will check the conversion using the exchange rate shown on the Oanda website on the date on which the application was made.

Apply Investor visa from outside the UK

We can help you with you Entry Clearance application as a Tier 1 Investor, if you want to come to the UK and want to invest £2000000 or more in the UK. If your application for Tier 1 Investor visa is successful, you will be granted entry clearance (UK visa) for an initial period of 3 years and 4 months. You can apply for an extension or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) under the accelerated route before the expiry of your initial Tier 1 Investor visa.

Investor visa key requirements

Applicant must be 18 or over to apply for UK Tier 1 Investor visa. Applicant must have at least £20,00,000 (£2 million) investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa. Your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions and free to spend in the UK. Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.

Under Investor visa route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability because, while you are allowed to work in the UK if you wish to, you should not need to work. Also, you will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because if you have the required investment funds you will be able to support yourself in the UK without any help from public funds.

You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.

Overseas criminal record certificates

From 01 September 2015, if you are applying for entry clearance as a Tier 1 Investor or an adult dependant (over 18 years old) of the main applicant under this route, you must provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application.

You must provide the following specified documents:

  • The original certificate, for each country (excluding the UK) where you have resided continuously for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, since aged 18 years old, issued by an overseas authority, and
  • If the original is not in English, then you must provide a translated copy of certificate, in line with the Home Office, UKVI requirements on certifications of documents.

Certificates will only be considered valid if they have been issued within 6 months of the visa application or within the expressed validity period of the document, whichever is the shorter.

If you are unable to obtain a certificate, for example because the country does not produce such documents or because of any other reasons, you must provide a letter which details your attempts to obtain a certificate and confirms why this has not been possible. You should submit this letter with your other supporting documents when you apply. Home Office, UKVI will consider your explanation against the situation in those countries and decide whether to waive the requirement. If Home Office, UKVI concludes that it is possible for you to obtain a certificate but you have failed to do so then you will be asked again to provide a certificate.

If you fail to provide any certificates or an acceptable explanation for a failure to do so, your application will be refused under paragraph 320 (2A) of the General Grounds for Refusal, Part 9 of the Immigration Rules. If you provide false or fraudulently obtained certificates your application will also be refused. You may also be subject to a 10 year ban for any future entry clearance applications.

Family members

Your family members (dependants) must apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they're from outside the EEA or Switzerland. The family members include your husband, wife, partner, your child under 18 or your child over 18.

If your child is over 18 they cannot apply if they are outside the UK. They can apply from inside the UK if they are already here as your dependant.

Our fee

If you want to invest £2 million or more in the UK and you are from outside the EEA & Switzerland then contact an expert UK immigration lawyer at Rex Law Chambers. We will guide you through every step of the UK Investor visa application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

Our fixed fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £2000 for our professional legal services in relation to Entry Clearance application for UK Investor visa (Tier 1). The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

Do you need legal help?

Contact Rex Law Chambers, if you have any questions or need legal help with any UK immigration law related matter. At Rex Law Chambers, we specialise in a wide range of UK visas and nationality applications and our principal immigration lawyer has wealth of experience and expert knowledge to deal with all types of UK visas and immigration applications. He has successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases and also represented clients in their immigration matters.

We can provide one-off FREE general legal advice via live chat or our "Enquiry Form". The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. If you would like to to get detailed legal advice then please schedule an in-person, Zoom, Skype or phone consultation by using our "Appointment Request Form".

Connect With Us