The Intra-company visa has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Long-term Staff visa. An Intra-company visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job at your employer's UK branch.

If you or your family are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Otherwise you need a visa to work in the UK. Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Types of Intra-company visa

There are 2 types of Intra-company visa.

Intra-company Transfer visa

Apply for this visa if you’re being transferred by your employer to a role in the UK.

You’ll need to have worked for your employer overseas for more than 12 months, unless they’re going to pay you £73,900 a year or more to work in the UK.

This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Long-term Staff visa.

Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa

This visa is for transfers to the UK as part of a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role.

You’ll need to have worked for your employer overseas for at least 3 months immediately before the date you apply.

This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Graduate Trainee visa.

Intra-company visa key requirements

To qualify for an Intra-company visa, you must:

  • be an existing employee of an organisation that's been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
  • have a 'certificate of sponsorship' from your employer with information about the role you've been offered in the UK
  • do a job that's on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid at least £41,500 for an Intra-company Transfer visa or at least £23,000 for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa

Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)

Your employer - also known as your sponsor - will give you a 'certificate of sponsorship' with information about the role you have been offered in the UK. It’s an electronic record, not a paper document.

You'll need the reference number from the certificate of sponsorship for your visa application. You must apply for your visa within 3 months of getting your certificate of sponsorship.

Our fee

Our expert UK immigration lawyer will guide you through every step of the Intra-company visa application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

Our fixed fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 for our professional legal services in relation to Intra-company visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

Do you need legal help?

Contact Rex Law Chambers, if you have any questions or need legal help with any UK immigration law related matter. At Rex Law Chambers, we specialise in a wide range of UK visas and nationality applications and our principal immigration lawyer has wealth of experience and expert knowledge to deal with all types of UK visas and immigration applications. He has successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases and also represented clients in their immigration matters.

We can provide one-off FREE general legal advice via live chat or our "Enquiry Form". The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. If you would like to to get detailed legal advice then please schedule an in-person, Zoom, Skype or phone consultation by using our "Appointment Request Form".

Connect With Us