A Student Visitor visa, also known as a Standard Visitor visa allows you to visit the UK to study a short course for a short period of time (6 months).
To make a successful UK Student Visitor visa application, you must meet all the Standard Visitor visa requirements and submit all the supporting documents.
If you need legal advice or help with your UK Student Visitor visa application, our experienced immigration lawyer can provide you with the help you need.
Table of Contents
- What is a UK Student Visitor visa?
- Requirements for a Student Visitor visa UK?
- Documents required for a UK Student Visitor visa
- UK tourist visa processing time
- UK Visitor visa fees
- Immigration lawyer for the UK tourist visa
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Need legal advice or help from an immigration lawyer?
What is a UK Student Visitor visa?
The Student Visitor Visa is a type of visa that allows non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals to come to the UK as a short-term student. This visa allows an individual to study a short course in the UK, such as an English language course, for a maximum of 6 months.
Requirements for a Student Visitor visa UK?
To be eligible for a Student Visitor Visa, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be accepted onto a course in the UK with an accredited institution.
- Have enough money to cover the cost of living in the UK without working or requiring public funds.
- Intend to leave the UK at the end of your studies.
- Meet the English language requirements for the course they will be studying.
- Have suitable accommodation to stay during your visit.
- Show that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements depending on type of application and your personal circumstances. Please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
What documents are required for a UK Student Visitor visa?
To apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa for short-term study purposes, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A completed visa application form.
- A valid passport or travel document.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Your travel itinerary, including flight details.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your visit.
- Details of your travel arrangements and accommodation in the UK.
- Evidence of your English language ability if required by your chosen course.
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited institution in the UK, confirming the details of the course you will be studying, its start and end dates, and the number of hours of study per week
This is a general list of documents. Depending on type of application and your personal circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents.
Please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and find out the required list of documents in support of your application.
UK tourist visa processing time
The processing time for a UK Student Visitor visa can vary depending on the country where the application is made and the time of year.
Generally, the Home Office (UKVI) aims to process most visitor visa applications within 3 weeks. However, some applications may take longer to process, especially if they require additional administrative processing or if the applicant has a complex case.
UK Visitor visa fees
The fee for a UK Visitor visa can vary depending on the type of visa and the length of stay. You can also find the latest UK visitor visa fees on the GOV website.
|Type||Fee||Maximum length of stay|
|Standard Visitor visa||£120||6 Months|
|Standard Visitor visa for medical reasons||£200||11 Months|
|Standard Visitor visa for academics||£200||12 Months|
|2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£400||6 months per visit|
|5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£804||6 months per visit|
|10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£1004||6 months per visit|
How much does a UK visitor visa application cost?
The cost of a UK Visitor visa application varies depending on the type of application you are applying for and lenght of the stay.
Here are some common costs associated with applying for a UK Visitor visa:
- £120 Standard Visitor visa application fee
- Immigration lawyer fees (if using legal services to boost your chances of success & avoid mistakes)
Please note that the above is a general list of costs associated with UK Visitors visa applications. There may be additional costs depending on your circumstances.
Immigration lawyer fees
Our expert UK immigration lawyer will guide you through every step of the UK Visitor visa application process including advice about legal requirements and eligibility criteria.
At Rex Law Chambers, our immigration lawyer charges a fixed fee between £800-£1000 for our complete legal services in relation to your Visitor visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
Immigration lawyer for the UK tourist visa
As part of our immigration services for your immigration application, our expert immigration lawyer will:
- advise you about eligibility criteria and the requirement;
- provide you with a comprehensive checklist of supporting documents;
- fill in and submit your Visitor visa application;
- check all the supporting documents;
- upload all the supporting documents online in their correct format and order;
- schedule your biometrics appointments;
- prepare a cover letter or letter of representation to support your application;
- dealing and responding to any enquiries or correspondence from the Home Office (UKVI);
- do all the follow-up work on your visa application until a decision is received from the Home Office (UKVI).
Contact our experienced and friendly immigration lawyer on 0161 989 9370 or fill in our enquiry form to get reliable & confidential immigration advice and legal assistance with a UK Visitor visa application or any other immigration matter.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Here are some commonly asked questions about UK visitor visas:
In most cases, it is not possible to switch from a UK Visitor visa to another type of visa from within the UK. The UK government's immigration rules state that visitors are not allowed to switch to another immigration category from within the UK unless they have specifically been granted permission to do so.
There is no specific minimum bank balance required for a UK Visitor visa. However, applicants are required to provide evidence of their financial status and ability to support themselves during their stay in the UK.
The amount of money required can vary depending on the purpose and length of the visit, as well as the applicant's personal circumstances.
As a general guideline, applicants should have enough funds to cover their travel and accommodation expenses, as well as their daily living expenses during their stay in the UK.
UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware of relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.
Most of the applicants seek professional legal help with their UK Standard Visitor visa applications from highly experienced immigration lawyers to boost their chances of success. A well-prepared application can significantly increase your chances of success.