The Student visa category is for those international students who wish to study in the UK and have been offered a place on a course in the UK. Student visa is a point based category and points are awarded for Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and Funds for Maintenance. You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and you are from a country that's not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. If you are outside the UK, you can apply for entry clearance as a Student from your country of nationality by submitting an entry clearance application to the British Embassy or High Commission.

Contact an expert immigration lawyer in Manchester at Rex Law Chambers to get reliable & confidential immigration advice and legal assistance with a UK Student visa application or any other immigration matter.

What are the key requirements of UK Student visa?

In order to make a successful Student visa application, you must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor and enough money to support yourself & pay for your course. The amount will vary depending on your circumstances. You must have proof you have the money, and that it's been in your bank account or your dependant's bank account for at least 28 days before you or they apply. You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. It means that you need to prove that you can speak, read, write and understand English.

You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.

How can we help with your UK visa application?

As part of our immigration services for your immigration application, our expert immigration lawyer will:

  • assess your eligibility for the relevant visa type by fully considering your circumstances;
  • advise you on the required supporting documents to be submitted in support of your immigration application;
  • assess all the documents to ensure that the documents you provide are as per the requirements of the Immigration Rules;
  • advise you on strengths and potential weaknesses in your visa application and how you can overcome such weaknesses if any;
  • complete the online immigration draft application form to share it with you for cross-checking;
  • submit your application online and schedule your biometrics appointments with the relevant commercial partner of the UKVI;
  • prepare a detailed cover letter in support of the immigration application explaining in detail how you are meeting all the requirements of the Immigration Rules so that you have the maximum chances of succeeding in your visa application;
  • upload all the supporting documents online in support of the immigration application in their correct format and order;
  • dealing and responding to any caseworker enquiries or correspondence from the Home Office caseworker for any further documents or information concerning your pending immigration application;
  • do all the follow-up work on your immigration application until a decision is received from the Home Office UKVI.

Switch into Student visa

You may be able to switch into a Student visa category, if you are in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

  • Tier 2 (General)
  • Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer)
  • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  • Child student

You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay. READ MORE

Extension / renewal of Student visa

You can apply to the Home Office, UKVI to extend your stay in the UK if you are already in the UK with a Student Visa. The UK Immigration Rules require that there should not be more than 28 days gap between the expiry of student's leave to remain in the UK and the start date of his new course. If there is more than 28 days gap between the expiry of your leave to remain as a student and the start date of your new course, you are required to leave the UK and apply for Student Visa from your country of nationality by submitting an entry clearance application to the British Embassy or High Commission. READ MORE

Family members

Your family members (dependants) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they're from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. The family members include your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried / same-sex partner or your child under 18 years old (including if they were born in the UK during your stay).

Our fee

Our expert UK immigration lawyer will guide you through every step of the UK Student visa application process including advice about legal requirements and eligibility criteria.

Our fixed fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £1000 for our professional legal services in relation to Entry Clearance application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

Do you need legal help?

Contact Rex Law Chambers, if you have any questions or need legal help with any UK immigration law related matter. At Rex Law Chambers, we specialise in a wide range of UK visas and nationality applications and our principal immigration lawyer has wealth of experience and expert knowledge to deal with all types of UK visas and immigration applications. He has successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases and also represented clients in their immigration matters.

We can provide one-off FREE general legal advice via live chat or our "Enquiry Form". The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. If you would like to to get detailed legal advice then please schedule an in-person, Zoom, Skype or phone consultation by using our "Appointment Request Form".

Connect With Us