If you're looking for an immigration lawyer for UK Family visa application, extension or want to switch to Family visa then contact our Family visa lawyer now.

We at Rex Law Chambers deal with all types of UK Family visas including Fiancé(e) visa UK, Spouse visa UK, Unmarried Partner visa and so on.

Whilst we are a Manchester based UK immigration law firm, you do not need to be based in Manchester to seek the legal advice of our immigration lawyer. No matter where you live, we can provide legal assistance with your UK visa applications.

Contact our experienced and friendly immigration lawyer on 0161 989 9370 or fill in our enquiry form to get reliable & confidential immigration advice and legal assistance with a UK visa application or any other immigration matter.

What is UK Family visa?

The UK Family visas allow you to travel to the UK and live with a family member in the UK for more than 6 months. There are several options available to get a UK Family Visa depending on your relationship to your sponsor and their UK status.

What are the different types of UK Family visa?

Below is a list of common types of UK Family visa:

  • Fiancé(e) visa UK
  • Spouse visa UK
  • Unmarried Partner visa
  • Civil Partner visa
  • Proposed Civil Partner visa
  • Same Sex Partner visa
  • As a parent of a British or settled child
  • Family Visitor visa

Fiancé(e) visa UK

A Fiancé(e) of a British citizen or settled person can apply for entry clearance as a Fiancé(e) to come to get married. The Fiancé(e) visa normally granted for 6 months to enable you to get married to the UK sponsor within the permitted 6 months period.

After the marriage, the applicant is able to switch from Fiancé(e) visa to spouse visa from inside the UK.

Spouse visa UK

If you are a spouse of a British Citizen or settled person, you can apply for spouse visa to join or stay with your British or settled spouse in the UK.

UK spouse visa is a two part process that will require you to make a spouse visa extension application after you have been in the UK for an initial period of 30 months.

Unmarried Partner visa

If you are an unmarried partner of a British Citizen or a person settled in the UK, you can apply for unmarried partner visa to stay with your UK partner.

If you meet all the requirements of the rules including the English language and financial requirements, you can apply for unmarried partner visa under the 5 years route.

Civil Partner visa

If you are a civil partner of a British Citizen or a person settled in the UK, you can apply for UK Civil Partner visa to join or stay with your UK civil partner.

You can form a civil partnership in England or Wales if you are 16 or over; not already married or in a civil partnership and not closely related. Same sex couples can also convert a civil partnership into a marriage in England or Wales.

Proposed Civil Partner visa

Proposed civil partner of a British Citizen or settled person can apply for UK visa entry clearance as a proposed civil partner to come to UK for 6 months and get married to the UK sponsor within the permitted 6 months period.

Once married to or registered civil partnership with the UK sponsor, the applicant can then switch from Proposed Civil Partner visa to civil partner visa from inside the UK.

Same Sex Partner visa

You can apply for Same Sex Partner visa entry clearance online if you are same sex partner of a British Citizen or settled person and resident outside the UK.

If the applicant meets the requirements for entry clearance as same sex partner of the British Citizen or settled person, he/she will be granted entry clearance for an initial period not exceeding 33 months, and subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds.

As a parent of a British or settled child

Parent visa category for a parent exercising access rights to a settled child in the UK or wish to continue parental relationship with their settled child.

Family Visitor visa

The family visitor visa has been replaced with the standard visitor visa. You can apply for UK standard visitor visa, if you want to visit the UK for a short period of time (up to 6 Months) to see your family and friends.

Do I need an immigration lawyer for UK Family visa application?

UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware about relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.

Most of the applicants seek professional legal help with their UK Family visa applications from highly experienced immigration lawyers to boost their chances of success. A well-prepared application can significantly increase your chances of success.

How can we help with your UK visa application?

As part of our immigration services for your immigration application, our expert immigration lawyer will:

  • assess your eligibility for the relevant visa type by fully considering your circumstances;
  • advise you on the required supporting documents to be submitted in support of your immigration application;
  • assess all the documents to ensure that the documents you provide are as per the requirements of the Immigration Rules;
  • advise you on strengths and potential weaknesses in your visa application and how you can overcome such weaknesses if any;
  • complete the online immigration draft application form to share it with you for cross-checking;
  • submit your application online and schedule your biometrics appointments with the relevant commercial partner of the UKVI;
  • prepare a detailed cover letter in support of the immigration application explaining in detail how you are meeting all the requirements of the Immigration Rules so that you have the maximum chances of succeeding in your visa application;
  • upload all the supporting documents online in support of the immigration application in their correct format and order;
  • dealing and responding to any caseworker enquiries or correspondence from the Home Office caseworker for any further documents or information concerning your pending immigration application;
  • do all the follow-up work on your immigration application until a decision is received from the Home Office UKVI.

How can I find the good immigration lawyer for UK Family visa?

There are many UK immigration lawyers for UK Family visa applications in the UK and it is really difficult to find a good immigration lawyer to deal with your immigration matter.

In order to find a good Immigration lawyer for UK Family visa applications, you should ensure that immigration lawyers are either regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). SRA and OISC are two main regulators in the UK.

Rex Law Chambers is authorised and regulated by the OISC under registration no. F202100249.

Our UK Family visa lawyer ready to assist you

Manchester based highly experienced UK immigration lawyer at Rex Law Chambers ready to assist you with your UK Family visa applications.

Get in touch with expert UK Immigration lawyer in Manchester at Rex Law Chambers today to learn more about our UK visas & immigration-related services, and to take the first step towards your successful application.

We can provide legal advice or legal assistance with all types UK immigration applications such as entry clearance applications, switching in to different visa categories or visa extension / renewal applications.

General Enquiry Book Appointment

Connect With Us