If you're looking for an immigration lawyer for Skilled Worker visa application or want to switch / extend then contact our UK Skilled Worker visa lawyer now.

Whilst we are a Manchester based UK immigration law firm, you do not need to be based in Manchester to seek the legal advice of our immigration lawyer. No matter where you live, we can provide legal assistance with your UK visa applications.

Contact our experienced and friendly immigration lawyer on 0161 989 9370 or fill in our enquiry form to get reliable & confidential immigration advice and legal assistance with a UK visa application or any other immigration matter.

What is Skilled Worker visa UK?

The UK Skilled Worker visa allows overseas skilled workers to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer. You must have a confirmed job offer in a UK company that holds a sponsorship license.

The Skilled Worker Visa is open to individuals of all nationalities (except British and Irish) who have an offer of an eligible skilled job in the UK from a Home Office-approved sponsor. The route can lead to settlement and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children. Skilled Worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa category from 1 December 2020.

In order to secure a Skilled Worker Visa, you will need to be sponsored to do a specific job, which meets certain skill and salary requirements, by an employer that has been licensed by the Home Office. There is no cap on the number of people who can enter the UK on the Skilled Worker route.

UK Skilled Worker visa requirements

In order to qualify for a Skilled Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  1. You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do;
  2. Your job offer is a genuine vacancy;
  3. Your sponsor has paid any required Immigration Skills Charge;
  4. Your job is at an appropriate skill level;
  5. You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  6. You will be paid a salary that equals or exceeds both a general salary threshold and the ‘going rate’ for the occupation;
  7. You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds; and
  8. You have provided a criminal record certificate, if required.

Read more about eligibility requirements

You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.

What is the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Requirement?

In order to obtain a Skilled Worker Visa, you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do. Your Certificate of Sponsorship will need to have been issued by an employer that is authorised by the Home Office to sponsor the job in question under the Skilled Worker route.

Your sponsor must be listed as A-rated on the Home Office’s register of licensed sponsors unless you were last granted permission as a Skilled Worker and are applying to continue working for the same sponsor as in your last permission.

Your Certificate of Sponsorship must have been issued not more than 3 months before the date of your Skilled Worker application.

Switching into the Skilled Worker Visa Route

If you currently have leave to remain in another immigration category, you may extend your stay by switching into the Skilled Worker route unless you have, or were last granted, permission as a Visitor, Short-term student, Parent of a Child Student, Seasonal Worker, Domestic Worker in a Private Household or outside the Immigration Rules.

Do I need an immigration lawyer for Skilled Worker visa application?

UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware about relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.

Most of the applicants seek professional legal help with their UK Skilled Worker visa applications from highly experienced immigration lawyers to boost their chances of success. A well-prepared application can significantly increase your chances of success.

How can we help with your UK visa application?

As part of our immigration services for your immigration application, our expert immigration lawyer will:

  • assess your eligibility for the relevant visa type by fully considering your circumstances;
  • advise you on the required supporting documents to be submitted in support of your immigration application;
  • assess all the documents to ensure that the documents you provide are as per the requirements of the Immigration Rules;
  • advise you on strengths and potential weaknesses in your visa application and how you can overcome such weaknesses if any;
  • complete the online immigration draft application form to share it with you for cross-checking;
  • submit your application online and schedule your biometrics appointments with the relevant commercial partner of the UKVI;
  • prepare a detailed cover letter in support of the immigration application explaining in detail how you are meeting all the requirements of the Immigration Rules so that you have the maximum chances of succeeding in your visa application;
  • upload all the supporting documents online in support of the immigration application in their correct format and order;
  • dealing and responding to any caseworker enquiries or correspondence from the Home Office caseworker for any further documents or information concerning your pending immigration application;
  • do all the follow-up work on your immigration application until a decision is received from the Home Office UKVI.

How can I find the good immigration lawyer for Skilled Worker visa?

There are many UK immigration lawyers for Skilled Worker visa applications in the UK and it is really difficult to find a good immigration lawyer to deal with your immigration matter.

In order to find a good Immigration lawyer for UK Skilled Worker visa applications, you should ensure that immigration lawyers are either regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). SRA and OISC are two main regulators in the UK.

Rex Law Chambers is authorised and regulated by the OISC under registration no. F202100249.

Our Skilled Worker visa lawyer ready to assist you

Manchester based highly experienced UK immigration lawyer at Rex Law Chambers ready to assist you with your UK Skilled Worker visa or Work visa applications.

Get in touch with expert UK Immigration lawyer in Manchester at Rex Law Chambers today to learn more about our UK visas & immigration-related services, and to take the first step towards your successful application.

We can provide legal advice or legal assistance with all types UK immigration applications such as entry clearance applications, switching in to different visa categories or visa extension / renewal applications.

General Enquiry Book Appointment

Connect With Us