The EU nationals and their family members have right to live and work in the UK and can apply for pre settled or settled status in the UK under the EU settlement scheme. We at Rex Law Chambers deal with a wide range of EEA and EU applications such as EU Settlement Scheme, EEA Family Permit and so on.

EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

If you're an EU citizen and exercising your treaty rights in the UK, you and your family members will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020. If your application is successful, you will either be granted a settled or pre-settled status. You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you're an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain (ILR). The rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK will remain the same until 31 December 2020. You must not miss the deadline to apply as doing so may put you under the UK domestic immigration rules and you might have to pay relevant application fees and IHS.

EEA family permit

An EEA family permit is a form of 'entry clearance' to the UK (similar to a visa). It is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are family members of EEA nationals. The initial visa is granted for 6 months and once the family member is in the UK, he/she will be required to make a subsequent application either under the EU settlement scheme or a residence card under the EEA Regulations. Once the initial application is granted, it is very unlikely that a further application will be refused.

Do you need legal help?

Contact Rex Law Chambers, if you have any questions or need legal help with any UK immigration law related matter. At Rex Law Chambers, we specialise in a wide range of UK visas and nationality applications and our principal immigration lawyer has wealth of experience and expert knowledge to deal with all types of UK visas and immigration applications. He has successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases and also represented clients in their immigration matters.

We can provide one-off FREE general legal advice via live chat or our "Enquiry Form". The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. If you would like to to get detailed legal advice then please schedule an in-person, Zoom, Skype or phone consultation by using our "Appointment Request Form".

Connect With Us