A 'Temporary Worker' licence will let you employ people on a temporary basis. It's split into:

  • Creative or Sporting Worker - to work as a high-level sportsperson (up to 1 year), entertainer or artist (up to 2 years)
  • Charity Worker - for unpaid workers at a charity (up to 1 year)
  • Government Authorised Exchange Worker - work experience (1 year), research projects or training, for example practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge
  • Religious Worker - for those working in a religious order or organisation (2 years)
  • International Agreement Worker - where the worker is coming to do a job which is covered by international law, for example employees of overseas governments
  • Seasonal Worker - for those coming to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work

How to apply for Temporary worker sponsor licence?

You can apply for the Temporary worker sponsor licence online on the Home Office, UKVI website. Once you have submitted your online application, you must then send to the Home Office, UKVI all of the following to validate your application. A valid application must:

  • contain the original submission sheet (not a certified copy), which has been signed and dated by the Authorising Officer (all pages must be sent); and
  • contain all of the documents listed on the submission sheet as mandatory documents (originals or certified copies); and
  • all be sent in together within 5 working days of completion of the electronic application.

To get a Temporary worker licence, you must apply to the Home Office, UKVI, supplying specified documents to prove that you are suitable and eligible. The Home Office, UKVI will carry out appropriate checks before deciding whether to grant the sponsor licence. The Home Office, UKVI considers an application to join the sponsor register by assessing whether you meet the relevant requirements. If your application for Temporary worker Sponsor Licence is accepted by the Home Office, UKVI, you will be issued with SMS login ID and password to manage your sponsor licence online. Your sponsor licence will be valid for 4 years and can be renewed online prior to the expiry of the licence.

Assigning of Temporary worker Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS)

Once you have been granted a Temporary worker sponsor licence you will be able to assign certificates of sponsorship (CoS) to migrants who wish to come to, or stay in the UK to work as Temporary worker Migrants. For Temporary worker workers, being assigned a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is an essential part of qualifying for entry clearance (if they are outside the UK) or leave to remain (permission to extend their stay while in the UK).

What are the duties as a Temporary worker licenced sponsor?

As a Temporary worker licensed sponsor you must comply with certain duties, including, but not restricted to, a duty to inform the Home Office, UKVI if the Temporary worker Migrant does not turn up for work, or if he is absent without permission for a significant period. You must also keep proper records of the migrants you sponsor, including contact details and a copy of their biometric residence permit (BRP), and supply any documentation to the Home Office, UKVI on request. The Home Office, UKVI will monitor your behaviour and compliance with your duties once you have been granted Temporary worker sponsor licence.

Our fee

Our expert UK immigration lawyer will guide you through every step of the Temporary worker sponsor licence application process.

Our fixed fee

We will charge a fixed fee from £1500 for our professional legal services in relation to your Temporary worker sponsor licence application.

Do you need legal help?

Contact Rex Law Chambers, if you have any questions or need legal help with any UK immigration law related matter. At Rex Law Chambers, we specialise in a wide range of UK visas and nationality applications and our principal immigration lawyer has wealth of experience and expert knowledge to deal with all types of UK visas and immigration applications. He has successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases and also represented clients in their immigration matters.

We can provide one-off FREE general legal advice via live chat or our "Enquiry Form". The FREE advice does not cover the advice in relation to complex legal issues or advice about documents to be submitted in support of the application. If you would like to to get detailed legal advice then please schedule an in-person, Zoom, Skype or phone consultation by using our "Appointment Request Form".

Connect With Us